Test to Speech Synthesis TTS
the generation of speech from text input
Automatic Speech Recognition ASR
the transcription of speech into text
- PHON – phonetics and phonology
- SIGNALS – signal processing, with a focus on speech signals
- TTS – text-to-speech synthesis
- ASR – automatic speech recognition
- SKILLS – maths, computing, writing
The phonetics modules in this course are intended to complement the speech processing content.
10 modules, Wednesday weekly lab, video before lecture, reverse lecture (good to go alone), reading are essential.