Computer vision is a field of artificial intelligence (AI) that enables computers derive meaningful information from digital images, videos and other visual inputs obtained by a camera.
- Photons converted to electrons
- Shift electrons along row for readout
- The readout on the device will translate the analog signal to either grayscale images or RGB images
pinhole camera, optical centre, focal length
- The basics behind imaging and the pinhole camera model.
- 3D points in the world coordinate frame can be projected to 2D points in the image coordinate frame using projective geometry equations.
- These equations rely on the camera intrinsic parameters, as well as its extrinsic location in the world coordinate frame (covered in tutorial).
- Given the geometric transformation between the two cameras of a stereo sensor, and the disparity, you can estimate the 3D location of pixel.
- Cross-Correlation of pixels is the cornerstone of image filtering and can be used to edge detection.